11.11.2008

5 songs

As evidence of Stephen's obsessive compulsive behavior rubbing off on me...I've decided to make a list. "5 Songs I Like But You Probably Don't"

1. "Nobody's Child"- ELO
How can you resist the wailing and piano pounding? I can't. This song is melodic and majestic, and I'm pretty sure it has almost made me cry at least once. Actually, the way I feel about this song is the way I feel about Electric Light Orchestra in general...You all roll your eyes while I close mine and am taken away to another planet on the spacecraft pictured below.


2."I'm Eighteen"- Alice Cooper

This was "my song" for the 18th year of my life. Like it, love it, like it, love it, eighteen, eighteen, eighteen and i like it.

3. "Kokomo"- The Beach Boys
Geography is nice and so is the sun.

4. "Gypsy"- Fleetwood Mac
I think I read once that Stevie Nicks was inspired to write this song when her friend died of leukemia.

5."California Waiting"- Kings of Leon
I'm a little bit embarassed to have this song on here. A lot of you might like it, but even more of you make fun of me for liking it. The Kings of Leon are an 8th grade guilty pleasure that I never want to grow out of. Yee haw!

No comments: